Wednesday, October 6, 2010

post 10/6

I posted on the Eco and Dorfman’s reading last week so I asked Dr. Cummings what I should post on this week and one of her suggestions was talking a little bit about the test. It was an unordinary test in which Dr. Cummings put together 12 quotes from the readings discussed so far in the class and we had to pick ten of them to write about. In former CMC classes we would usually have multiple choice questions, short answer questions, true-false questions, and essay questions. I feel like I had to take a completely different approach in studying for this test. For prior CMC tests I feel like I only needed about two days of studying to be ready and for this one you need to start studying about a week before the exam. It is just too much information to process. You need to know the full names of the author and full name of the title of the reading along with knowing what the deeper meaning of the quote actually is.

I also feel like this test also makes you understand the content better because of the course we are taking. Since it is theory that we are studying, a lot of the information taught to us might be forgotten because of how confusing some of these readings can get. With the extra studying needed and with how the way the test is set up, I feel like we can remember the content of the course better. I think I like the other CMC tests better but I feel like these kind of tests are more beneficial for me and that in reality is more important than if I like it or not.

On my honor I have not given nor received nor witnessed any unauthorized assistance on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment