Friday, October 1, 2010

Post Class Post due 10/3

In yesterday’s class I was extremely enthused in our conversation. By people sharing personal experiences I was able to grasp a much better understanding of the concepts and ideas our theorists are referring to. The work of Baudrillard and Zizek really hit home for me and I had trouble verbalizing my feelings in regards to their work because it was so familiar. I find myself disgusted by the fact that that America as a Nation really does have trouble seeing any sort of demolition and chaos about ourselves. I find it very upsetting that the media manipulates the public by encouraging us to believe things that are not reality. Political leaders in our nation that have done the same thing are also a disgrace to this Nation in my opinion. I wonder how I am supposed to put my trust into anyone to run this country when they lack the desire to be honest and expose “the real.” Perhaps with the growing CMC major across many colleges and universities, our generation will be closer to reality within our Nation. It really hurts me to know that the fear instilled in so many of our citizens is something so prevalent. I really hope that with the help of our theorists society will grow to have an understanding of what is really going on in the world and will put their best judgment forward. The dwelling on the disasters and destruction of other Nations rather than our own such as Katrina is only hurting us in the long run. Although initially the reality of many National situations would seem to do more bad than good, one day this Nation really would benefit from it. I hope I live to see the day where I can live in reality and am supported by my politicians and Nation as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment