Sunday, October 3, 2010

post class 10/3

This week in class we discussed our own experiences from 9/11 and how our schools told us about the incident. In my own experience I was in sixth grade and when the faculty found out what happened they decided to call only the sixth grade to the cafeteria. Every member of the faculty was there and our principal decided to tell us what happened but she did so with very little details. Mostly what she told us was that planes had crashed into the Word Trade Center and the pentagon. Nowhere in her five or so minute speech did she mention anything regarding terrorists or how coincidentally that all these planes crashed into American monuments. Her main point was to not tell the younger students in the school (the school I was in at the time was grades 3-6). AS she was saying this, my friends and I were wondering why telling them would be such a big deal. I think she knew that she had to tell us but by letting us in on the least amount of information possible. She knew that at least some of the kids were going to tell younger students and by giving us as little details as possible, the less the younger students would know. So I went home and then asked my Dad more about the situation not really thinking about it much after the speech so when my Dad told me what really happened, I was shocked. I saw the images on the news the rest of the night and it disturbed me. I now know why she didn’t tell us everything but at the same time I feel like the students should have been told the whole story because of the magnitude of what happened and that we should have the knowledge of an American event that will be in history books very soon.

On my honor I have not given nor received nor witnessed any unauthorized assistance on this work.

No comments:

Post a Comment