Sunday, September 26, 2010

Post Class Post


"...so called realistic representations can no longer evoke reality except as nostalgia or mockery."

Lyotard's quote had me interested in the TV guide in a totally different way on Thursday night. When I selected to watch the movie Clueless, I quickly realized how hysterical this mockery of this "so called realistic representation" was. At the time, Clueless was that "realistic" depiction of public high school stereotypes in the 90s. I easily sat and watched this movie in its entirety and it had me laughing like I had never seen it before. The movie brought me back to old feeling of the 90s, and it felt like an actual nostalgic flashback.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clueless_(film)

I also liked the discussion in class about how important technology has become in society. Lack of communication and now a traumatic event for many people addicted to the use of these electronic products. I frequently ask myself if technology has made life easier or if it has simply complicated our society more?

"On my honor I have not received, nor given, nor witness any unauthorized assistance on this work."

No comments:

Post a Comment